Some days I wake up feeling like I need a good cleanse- whether it be through a workout, a relaxing mind, or a healthy diet. This green juice is a great way to start your morning towards refreshing your system. The cucumber is great for easing inflammation and aiding in cell hydration while the apple helps break down toxins and enhance digestion. Ginger root aids in digestion, relieves tired muscles, and boosts nutrient absorption. Lastly, the lemon acts as a potent detoxifier and natural antibiotic that improves liver function and can help boost immunity. All in all, you can't go wrong with this tasty, tangy juice!
GREEN DETOX JUICE :
- 5 inches of a cucumber
- 1 green apple
- hefty sliver of ginger
- 1 celery stalk
- the juice of about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water (coconut water could be interesting too!)
- Chop up the larger ingredients and throw them all into the blender (if you have a juicer then you can skip the next few steps)
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a large bowl or measuring glass
- Use a big spoon to mash the mixture into the strainer. Mix it around and keep mashing to really get all that juice out
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
For more, check out Lauren's blog: Crescent Spoon