Surf Instructor - Laura Labrador
Laura was born and raised in the small, sleepy surf community that was Oahu’s North Shore in the ‘90s. Like most kids on the North Shore, while her parents surfed, the beach was her babysitter. In high school, she and her four closest girlfriends dubbed themselves "The Five Squids" and surfed everyday on the reefs around Haleiwa.
After earning her BA in psychology from the University Hawaii at Manoa, Laura decided to connect with her family’s early Bay Area ties and moved to SF (both her dad and uncles were core Bay Area surfers when they weren’t in Hawaii). Trading in a bikini for a 4/3 wetsuit wasn’t easy, but understanding the lengths her dad and uncles went to just to ride one or two chilly waves has always been an inspiration.
As a surfer and life-long learner, Laura finds satisfaction in sharing the grace and joy of wave riding with others, especially the women and children she feels particularly motivated to work with. Laura’s teaching style is patient and attentive, and lessons are always tailored to the student’s prior knowledge, goals, and comfort level.
- After payment is received, we will connect you with your instructor for scheduling.
- Lesson(s) must be scheduled within 1 month of purchase (for 1 lesson) and 3 months of purchase (for 3 lesson package).
- Each lesson includes a Drop-In Pass to the Surf & Swim Club.
- If you need surfboard or wetsuit rental equipment, please choose from drop-down menu.
- If doing a two person lesson and need equipment you can pay at the time of your lesson ($15 Wetsuit, $25 Surfboard).
Cancellation Policy: Traveler requires at least a 24 hr. notification for any schedule changes including rescheduling or cancellation. If canceling appointment less than 24 hrs. from lesson time, customer will be charged in full for the lesson.