Co-Assistant Manager - Pacifica
The Co-Assistant Manager is a key leadership role and will work alongside another Co-Assistant Manager and reports to our General Manager.
This position includes extensive customer service and additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Manager and all staff in running a smooth store with excellent customer service
- Retail sales, sharing product knowledge with customers
- Opening and closing the shop/Surf Club
- Managing customer returns, exchanges and daily curve balls
- Training new staff members
- Giving tours of the Surf Club and onboarding new members
- Explaining our surf lesson program and assisting in surfboard/wetsuit rentals for Day Pass users.
- Helping to maintain a clean and tidy store and Surf Club
- Being an ambassador for Traveler in and out of the water
Stock Room & Inventory Management
- Running monthly sales reports
- Entering new products into Shopify
- Organize, maintain back stock room
- Train all staff on how to maintain back stock room
- Be an expert at processing shipments and getting product merchandised and into stock room.
- Weekly inventory cycle counts
- Use inventory management software to alert Buyer when product is low
- Restock sales floor and train Sales Associates on best practices for restocking
- Managing customer requests when appropriate items come back in stock
- Shop supplies - Maintain shop supplies check-list and re-order as needed
- Work with Regional Buyer/Merchandiser on implementing merchandise strategy for Pacifica
- Ensure all staff knows where a new shipment will go and how to merchandise it on the sales floor
- Make sure the sales floor is clean and organized
- Change up mannequins weekly
- Be the lead in charge of online order fulfillment including packing up online orders and associated customer service related to all things online store.
- 1+ years management experience in retail, hospitality, restaurant management, or membership services industry
- Some surf knowledge is a must
- Ability to engage customers & establish a welcoming environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong, genuine desire to grow and share the Traveler brand
- Proficient on Slack, Google Docs, and Shopify
Entrepreneurial- you bring 100% to the team, but are also self-motivated and well-equipped to execute tasks and plan autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal processes and your work.
Effective- you believe in a customer-first, results-driven sales strategy. You identify measurable goals and work hard to achieve them.
Committed- you are punctual, reliable, and prefer a stable work environment.
Active- you have a love for the outdoors and surfing, and are excited to share the stoke with others.
Work 1 block to the beach
Surf Club membership across all 4 locations
30% off retail store products
Accrued sick pay
Monthly reimbursement for health coverage
32-40 hours / week
Send your resume along with a short 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite adventure to firstname.lastname@example.org with