Full Time Assistant Manager - Job Description
The Assistant Manager is an important leadership that works with the owners, Surf Club Director and Sales Associates to ensure a smooth running store and Surf Club.
As with all roles at Traveler, this position includes extensive customer service and additional responsibilities are broken down into 2 categories: The Surf Club and the Coastal Outpost.
Key Surf Club Responsibilities:
- Work as a team to build community and grow/sell Surf Club memberships
- Educate and explain to customers the benefits of the Surf Club and be a positive ambassador for Traveler in and out of the water.
- Help develop and grow other services including surfboard demos and surf lesson program.
- Work with Surf Club director on producing events
- This role may include more tasks to assist the Surf Club Director including giving after-hours tours, surf lesson scheduling, fulfilling memberships etc.
- Maintain a presentable and attractive outdoor club space that is tidy, clean, and safe for daily use.
Key Coastal Outpost Responsibilities
- Detailed knowledge of brands and products, which lead to strong retail sales
- In-store customer service, proficiency in handling returns/exchanges, helping to handle tech issues related to with the POS and other shop tech
- Some online customer service and fulfilling online orders
- Being an expert at "Box to Floor" i.e. When receiving new inventory adding it to Shopify, labeling, merchandising, and back stocking.
- Keeping inventory organized and well managed
- Assisting with buying certain brands for Traveler Santa Cruz with guidance from owners
- Maintaining a presentable and attractive retail floor that is both tidy, well merchandised and adhere to brand aesthetics
- Organizing and cleaning on a regular basis
- Assisting in hiring and training Sales Associates
- Be familiar with how to set the staff schedule on When I Work.
- Learn how to do bank deposits
- Open and close the store, be able to work alone and self motivate
- Weekly check-ins with the owners, Julie and Rel
- Contributing to social media with photos, videos, and general ideas.
- 3+ years retail or hospitality experience
- Love for working retail and interacting with customers
- Desire to grow and learn
- Natural Leader
- At least 1 year surfing experience, more is a big plus
- Experience in Slack, Shopify, Google Docs a plus
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Available to work both weekend days
- 32-40 hours/week
- $19-20 /hr. DOE
Additional Perks & Benefits
- Surf Club Membership across all 4 locations
- One free guest pass per month
- 30% off retail store products
- After 90 days, accrued sick pay (1 hour per 30 hours worked per OSHA guidelines. Capped at 48 hours per year)
- After 90 days, $50/month contribution to health insurance reimbursement
- After 6 months qualify for company 401K plan
Send your resume along with a short 1-2 paragraph cover letter about your favorite adventure.
Email to: julie @ travelersurfclub.com