Bay Area Surf Club Director
Traveler is looking for a Surf Club Director for its Bay Area Surf Clubs in Pacifica and Santa Cruz.
Traveler Surf Club offers amenities to surfers such as board lockers, outdoor showers, changing rooms, heated furniture, sauna, lessons, rentals and more. Our mission is to build an inclusive community and make getting in and out of the ocean more comfortable and convenient.
The role of the Bay Area Surf Club Director is to grow memberships, develop teams and programming for surf instruction, build community through membership education, programming and events and serve as an ambassador for Traveler both in and out of the water.
The position is based in Pacifica with travel to Santa Cruz on a regularly scheduled basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Grow and maintain the Traveler Surf Club memberships and services in Pacifica & Santa Cruz
- Develop authentic and genuine connections with members
- Build Surf Club programming & member engagement
- Ensure all retail staff are experts at onboarding new members
- Maintain Pacifica Surf Club facilities including backyard and all equipment
- Track and analyze Surf Club P&L and KPIs
- Surf consistently at both Pacifica and Santa Cruz, develop familiarity with local breaks and surf community
Who you are:
- Passion for the ocean and surfing
- Outgoing, people person who loves to talk surf
- Entrepreneurial, problem solver
- Eager to bring ideas and strategies to the table and willing to roll up your sleeves to implement them
- Great communication skills
- Great admin skills, proficient with spreadsheets, creating and analyzing KPI reports
- Comfortable working in website recurring charge apps (no coding or technical skill required)
- Value being able to surf for work on a weekly basis
- Looking for a company to learn, develop and grow with on a long-term career path.
- You resonate with our core company values of :
- CONNECTION TO OCEAN & NATURE
- INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
- GOOD VIBES
- COMMUNICATION & AUTHENTICY
- DESIGN & AESTHETIC APPEAL
Surf guide or teaching background
Experience with membership clubs
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining your personal connection to the ocean and how you hope to share it with others in this role to:
rel @travelersurfclub.com and julie @travelersurfclub.com