General Manager - Ventura
Location: Ventura, CA
Traveler is seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic full time General Manager to oversee both the Surf Club and Retail operations of the Coastal Outpost at our new Ventura location, opening this summer 2021.
The General Manager is a key leadership role and will work alongside our Regional Buyer/ Merchandiser to establish and grow the Traveler Surf Club in Ventura. The GM will oversee junior sales staff and work across all 4 stores (Pacifica, Malibu, Santa Cruz) effectively communicating with each shop Manager(s) and Traveler’s owners regularly.
As with all roles at Traveler, this position includes extensive customer service and additional responsibilities are broken down into 2 categories:
Traveler Surf Club is a full service destination, where members can store their surfboards in secure lockers, enjoy hot outdoor showers, day-use lockers, and heated furniture to warm up after surfing, among other services and amenities. The GM would build, grow, and maintain the Surf Club membership program along with all other services offered.
Traveler Coastal Outpost is a retail shop, which is co-located in the same space as the Surf Club. The outpost sells surf and outdoor gear as well as a curated selection of gifts, apparel and homegoods. Management of the Outpost includes sales and customer service, training and managing junior staff, scheduling, inventory management, and product re-orders.
Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years management experience in retail, hospitality, restaurant management, or membership services industry
- Intermediate-Advanced surf knowledge is a must
- Ability to engage customers & establish a welcoming environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A strong, genuine desire to grow and share the Traveler brand
- Proficient on Slack, Google Docs, and Shopify
- Experience with photography, graphic design, or social media content, a plus.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Entrepreneurial- you bring 100% to the team, but are also self-motivated and well-equipped to execute tasks and plan autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal processes and your work.
- Effective- you believe in a customer-first, results-driven sales strategy. You identify measurable goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Committed- you are punctual, reliable, and prefer a stable work environment.
- Active- you have a love for the outdoors and surfing, and are excited to share the stoke with others.
- Surf Club Membership across all 4 locations
- 30% off retail store products
- Accrued sick pay
- Monthly reimbursement for health coverage
- 2 free nights in Sandy the Van annually
- 32-40 hours / week
- weekends a must
Send your resume along with a cover letter to hello @travelersurfclub.com with Subject: Ventura General Manager
(posted April 12, 2021)