Are you an advanced surfer who loves sharing your surf knowledge and stoke? We are looking to add experienced surf instructors to our amazing coaching teams in Pacifica and Ventura. Our goals for our clients are to help them learn about surfing, stay safe in the water, and have fun!
Candidates should have lots of experience surfing at Linda Mar in Pacifica/ “C” Street in Ventura and some experience with surf instruction in the area. Must have knowledge of tides, wind, swell direction, and a solid understanding of surf etiquette and culture. Must be able to work a variable schedule including weekends. CPR/First Aid certification is a plus.
- Advanced surfing experience in all conditions.
- Experience teaching surfing to others at a surf camp or individual lesson program
- Communication and Interpersonal skills to effectively instruct diverse student population
- Knowledge of ocean/beach conditions and safety protocols
- Local knowledge of surf spots and etiquette
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends
- Lifeguarding skills, a plus
- CPR/First Aid certification or have the ability to obtain it within 60 calendar days of hire
Pay: $95 per individual 2 hr lesson, DOE
Perks: Membership access to Traveler Surf Club amenities including hot showers, changing rooms, heated furniture and sauna in Pacifica.
Interested candidates please email cover letter & resume with relevant experience + photos or video of you surfing (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org