Purchase 2 masks for yourself or household* and we will donate 2 masks to the heroes on our list who need them right now.
*you can also purchase masks for your household only for a lower price.
Our Heroes Are:
Healthcare workers, care takers and others on the front lines of this health crisis.
Here's a list of where we've donated masks so far.
IN STOCK! Masks ship within 1-2 days of purchase.
All Masks have:
Double layer with a pouch opening to insert an additional DIY filter. Filter not included. See filter recommendations below
- 100% cotton with elastic
Washable and reusable. See below for washing and care instructions
Please make sure to wash your mask before wearing. See care instructions below
Black and White ring-spun cotton knit masks with behind the head elastic.
We love the knit mask because they are soft and have a slightly more snug fit
The knit masks are great for wearing for longer periods of time, indoors or outdoors, especially when around strangers - i.e. grocery shopping or running errands.
- Medium sized navy blue cotton woven masks with elastic ear loops.
- We love the woven mask because its a bit roomier and easy to take on and off with the ear-loops.
- The woven masks are nice for walking outside in non-crowded areas, wearing inside for shorter periods of time, exercising and running short errands, like pumping gas.
*See images below for sizing images
- Wash all masks prior to first use and every use thereafter: in washing machine with detergent, warm water & hot tumble dry or lay flat to dry
- Throw away your DIY filter after each use
- See CDC link for best practices
In order for this mask to be more effective, consider inserting a filter of tissue paper, coffee filter or toilet paper.
What your purchase or donation covers:
- Cost of mask materials & packaging
- California based labor: many sewing factory workers must work from home or in modified factory conditions, which increases cost of labor.
- Many sewists / factory workers do not have any other source of income, so you are helping provide a source of income for these workers right now.
- Gas and transportation to pick up and drop off materials and finished goods in LA and Bay Area.
- Staffing costs for Traveler team to manage the many moving logistics of this project (this helps allow some of our staff to work from home)