Purchase masks to donate to our heroes!
Choose one of the donation levels form our dropdown menu, and select the amount of money you wish to donate. This will allow us to buy masks from our supplier factories, and then donate them in kind to a hero organization.
Our Heroes Are:
Healthcare workers, caretakers and others on the front lines.
Here's a list of organizations we've donated to so far.
Product Description & Mask Features:
Because our masks are being made at different individual factories and sewists in San Francisco and Los Angeles, materials and design may vary slightly as, each location has access to different material resources.
ALL MASKS have:
Double layer with a pouch opening to insert an additional DIY filter. Filter not included. See filter recommendations below
- 100% cotton with elastic
- Adult size fit
Washable and reusable. See below for washing and care instructions
- *Outer layer fabrics & colors may vary
*Masks are cleaned, but not sterile, please make sure to wash your mask before wearing. See care instructions below
WASH ALL MASKS PRIOR TO FIRST USE: in washing machine with detergent, warm water & hot tumble dry or lay flat to dry.
- Subsequent care: throw away your DIY filter after each use and wash mask.
- See CDC link for best practices
In order for this mask to be more effective, consider inserting a filter such as tissue or a coffee filter.
What your purchase or donation covers:
- Cost of mask materials & packaging
- California based labor: many sewing factory workers must work from home or in modified factory conditions, which increases cost of labor.
- Many sewists / factory workers do not have any other source of income, so you are helping provide a source of income for these workers right now.
- Gas and transportation to pick up and drop off materials and finished goods in LA and Bay Area.
- Staffing costs for Traveler team to manage the many moving logistics of this project (this helps allow some of our staff to work from home)