Traveler Santa Cruz GM, Instructor
Katy's stoke for surfing began when she was just a twinkle in her mom's eye. Her ocean-loving mom had Katy splashing around in the sea since before day one. Oh and don't tell her teachers, but Katy's mom even had her play hooky when the surf was pumping so they could surf together!
Katy spent her youth as a Capitola Junior Lifeguard and enjoyed many fun summers instructing as a Lifeguard and Surf Instructor there after. She has had Marine Rescue training, is a certified Emergency Medical Technician, Wilderness First Responder and is certified in CPR.
Katy has enjoyed exploring many little surfing nooks around the globe, but has most notably spent countless hours surfing the nooks of East Cliff. She would be delighted to familiarize you with the area, develop ocean safety skills and lineup etiquette, and take your surfing to the next level!
How it Works
- After payment is received, Katy will email you to schedule your 2 hour lesson.
- Lesson(s) must be scheduled within 1 month of purchase.
- Lessons start and end at the Traveler Santa Cruz location.
- Each lesson includes a Drop-In Pass to the Surf Club.
- Equipment is not included in your lesson. If you need a wetsuit or want to try a fiberglass, please let Katy know.
Note: You should be able to carry your own equipment, paddle out, and catch your own waves.
Cancellation Policy: Traveler Surf Club requires at least a 24 hr. notification for any schedule changes including rescheduling or cancellation. If canceling appointment less than 24 hrs. from lesson time, customer will be charged in full for the lesson.