This position is a key leadership role that would work alongside Sales Associates and report to the General Manager.
- Supporting the Manager and all staff in running a smooth store with excellent customer service
- Managing customer returns, exchanges, and daily curve balls with ease
- Retail sales, sharing product knowledge with customers
- Opening and closing duties
- Receiving and processing inventory
- Keeping up stock room protocols
- Virtual merchandising when new products arrive
- Fulfilling online orders with accuracy, customer service relating to online store when needed
- Training new staff members when needed
- Giving tours of the Surf Club and onboarding new members
- Explaining our surf lesson program and assisting in surfboard/wetsuit rentals for Day Pass users.
- Maintain a clean and tidy store and Surf Club
- Light admin duties
- Being an ambassador for Traveler in and out of the water
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years Assistant Management experience in retail, hospitality or membership services industry
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Basic surf knowledge is a must, intermediate-advanced surfer is a plus
- Ability to engage customers & establish a welcoming environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong, genuine desire to grow and share the Traveler brand
- Basic understanding of Slack, Google Docs, and Shopify
- Must live within 30 minute commute to Pacifica
The Ideal Candidate is:
Entrepreneurial- you bring 100% to the team, but are also self-motivated and well-equipped to execute tasks and plan autonomously.
Effective- you believe in a customer-first, results-driven sales strategy. You identify measurable goals and work hard to achieve them.
Diplomatic - And great at making smart decisions.
Committed- you are punctual, reliable, and prefer a stable work environment.
Active- you have a love for the outdoors and surfing, and are excited to share the stoke with others.
Work 1 block to the beach
Surf Club membership across all 3 locations
30% off retail store products
Eligible for 401k retirement plan
30-40 hours / week
Must be available one weekend day
- Send your resume
- Short 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite adventure
- To: julie @travelersurfclub.com
- Subject: Pacifica Assistant Manager