Pocket Nature: Beachcombing
Transform your beach walk into a practice in mindfulness. In a take-anywhere package, this darling pocket guide is the perfect companion for your next beachcombing adventure. Discover surprising facts about shoreline treasures-including abalone, sand dollars, sea stars, and wrack-as well as simple ways to center yourself in a place of stillness. With calming meditations that connect you to the sounds, smells, and textures of the coast, Beachcombing makes it easy to enjoy quiet, contemplative moments by the water. Coastal dwellers, ocean-lovers, environmentalists, and mindfulness practitioners will adore this delightful book, which makes a lovely gift alongside binoculars, a beach towel, or a sun hat.
BROAD APPEAL: Beachcombing is an enjoyable, accessible pastime that not only gets your body moving but also calms your mind. This charming book will appeal to people of all ages and genders, whether they're interested in practicing mindfulness or spending more time outside-or they simply love the beach.
THOUGHTFUL GIFT: Perfect for nearly any occasion, Beachcombing is a thoughtful gift for ocean lovers and coastal dwellers. Buy Beachcombing on its own, gift it with a beach towel or a pair of sandals, or package it with other books in the Pocket Nature series, such as Cloud Spotting and Sunset Seeking (a summer-themed trio!).
NATURE AS THERAPY: As a response to our increasingly digital world, people are turning to the outdoors as an escape, as a place to bond, and as an alternative to vacations or extended travel. The shore, with its soothing sounds and stunning views, is particularly alluring. Beachcombing, like the other books in the Pocket Nature series, will resonate with a wide audience of people who are eager for simple ways to practice mindfulness, disconnect from tech, and get out of the house.
PERENNIAL & COLLECTIBLE: The topics covered in the Pocket Nature series are perennial-beaches, clouds, sunsets, and leaves will always be there to enjoy and admire. With new titles coming out every season, there will be ever-new opportunities to grow a charming collection that looks great on your bookshelf.
• Beach and ocean lovers
• People who live by the shore or own a coastal vacation home
• Mindfulness practitioners, meditators, and anyone seeking simple practices for stress management
• Shoppers looking for a charming housewarming or hostess gift for a beach house
• Anyone looking for a birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, holiday, or just-because gift for nature-loving family and friends
• Readers of Thich Nhat Hanh's How to Relax, Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea, and The Beachcomber's Companion: An Illustrated Guide to Collecting and Identifying Beach Treasures